Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Reviewing the Swarm

First and foremost, Arckham and I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I hope you all have eaten well and are sufficiently full just as we are.

So with that aside, we'd like to give you our thoughts on Ben 10: Alien Swarm. Arckham was able to watch this movie ahead of me and I watched it with my siblings as our yearly Christmas Movie. Anyway, for those of you who are not familiar with it, there may be spoilers ahead and well, yes, it's based on the TV Series, Ben 10: Alien Force from Cartoon Network.

Now for a quick plot summary: Ben, Gwen and Kevin find some alien nano technology. They investigate and Ben goes into hero mode and saves the day from the Alien wanting to take over planet earth. It's pretty much a like the regular episode except in movie length.

PLOT
Xy: I think there could have been more twists and turns. It really felt like it's a regular episode nothing new and exciting

Arck: I feel it's a bit empty as to how the last episode of alien force ended.

CASTING and CHARACTERS
Xy: Well great choice for Kevin which is played by Nathan Keyes. He really captured the character. Plus points from me who thinks he's hot. [Yes, Arck knows. :P ] As for Gwen (Galadriel Stineman)and Ben (Ryan Kelly), they could have done better. Gwen, I felt, had no power in the movie.

Arck: I hate Gwen and Max (Barry Corbin). Kevin is dead on. Ben was so-so.

CGI
Xy: I love Big Chill! The voice and the way they portrayed her was right on. This is big plus on the movie. I also like the fact that the queen was really girly even if she was a bug and bot.

Arck: FTW on the aliens.

On the other hand, great job on Kevin's car. The paint job on that Camaro is superb too bad it gets thrown by Humongousaur. I also like the car Kevin built. [Does anyone know what make that car is?]

Overall, being the geeks that we are we recommend you still catch it. It's the type of movie you either download or catch on the tube not really the one you go to the movies for. Why do we still recommend it? Well, for the CG of course. It is this movie's redeeming factor.


Power Rangers? XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, let us know what you think.